MICRONEEDLING with PRP
Men and Women can benefit from this treatment
Microneedling with PRP (protein rich plasma), also known as Collagen Induction Therapy is ideal for the treatment of acne scars, surgical scars, stretch marks, wrinkles and fine lines, hyperpigmentation, lax skin, sun damaged, large pores, and uneven skin texture. It can be performed either on the face or body, and is suitable for all skin types and colors.
How Micronedling with PRP Works
This therapy is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment with quick recovery time, and is designed to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production. The treatment actually involves the use of two procedures, micro-needling and PRP (protein rich plasma) done consecutively.
The first procedure is called Micro-Needling. A small hand held, automatic device that contains tiny micro-needles is passed over the skin creating tiny micro-wounds, or channels, on the skin. During the body’s natural wound-healing process of these channels, collagen and elastin are automatically produced.
PRP (Protein Rich Plasma)
The second procedure is called PRP (Protein Rich Plasma). Protein Rich Plasma is produced from an individual’s own blood. After a blood sample is obtained from a patient, the blood is put into a centrifuge, which is a tool that separates the PRP from the blood. The blood is spun for approximately 15 minutes.
PRP contains highly concentrated amounts of natural growth factors and other cytokines that promote the regeneration process of soft tissues. The PRP is applied directly to the channels that were created from the micro-needling to further stimulate the natural healing process and creation of collagen.
After the treatment, your skin will be slightly pink and feel slightly sunburned. For most people, your skin will completely recover in 24-72 hours. Your body’s collagen production usually takes about 4-8 weeks, so you will continue to see improvements over this time.
Procedure Time: Approximately 60 Minutes
Sessions Required for Optimal Results: 3+ (4 Weeks Apart)
Recovery Time: No Downtime – Slightly Pink Skin for 24-72 Hours
With PRP - $595.00
Preparing for your micro-needling treatment:
• Avoid retinoids and treatments for auto-immune disease for 24 hours before treatment
• Avoid sun exposure to the treated area for 24 hours before treatment
• We recommend you apply numbing cream 1 hour before your treatment for comfort (available in our office)
• Arrive at our office with a clean face (no makeup) except for numbing cream if desired
• Do not schedule this procedure if you have used Accutane within the last 6 months
**If having micro-needling with PRP, be sure to drink lots of fluids several hours before your appointment to allow for a successful blood draw. If you are dehydrate and we cannot obtain enough blood, your appointment will need to be rescheduled or done without PRP.
What to expect and post-treatment instructions for micro-needling:
• During the first 1-3 days you will look red (like a sunburn) and your skin may feel warm and tight
• During the first 1-3 days; use gentle cleanser, sunscreen and gentle moisturizer. Apply 1% hydrocortisone as needed for irritation. Avoid swimming, strenuous activity, exercising and sun exposure.
• Avoid makeup, retinoids, glycolic acids, vitamin C products, sunscreens and Essential Serum the first night.
**Additional instructions when PRP is used: Avoid retinoids for 2 weeks and avoid lasers and IPL treatments to the treated areas for 4 weeks after treatment (although they may be performed before the treatment)