Dermal Filler Pre and Post Instructions
Please review all materials provided to you prior to your treatment.
A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic one.
• Avoid strenuous exercise the day of injections.
• Schedule injections so that they are not on the 3 days leading up to or on your menstrual cycle. These days you are more sensitive; prone to bleed and bruise more and increased swelling.
• Begin taking Arnica Montana pellets (strength 12C) 3 days prior to injection and continue taking them for 5 more days or as long as needed for bruising and/or swelling.
• If you have a history of Herpes and have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to a recurrence. Speak to your physician about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
• Reschedule if you have a cold sore, blemish, or rash, on your face before treatment.
• If you have a special event or vacation coming up schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
• NO Aspirin, Motrin or any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John's Wort, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, high doses of Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 1 week before and after treatment.
• Discontinue Retin-A two (2) days before and two (2) days after treatment.
• AVOID: Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods, and cigarettes 24 48 hours before and after your treatment.
Post treatment requirements:
• It is common to be more swollen in the morning, that will decease as the day goes by. For the first 7 days it is very important to sleep with an extra pillow to keep the head slightly elevated and sleep ON YOUR BACK with a pillow on each side.
• After your treatment, you might have some redness and swelling. This will normally last less then seven days. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling. If the inconvenience continues beyond seven days or if other reactions or side effects occur, please contact your physician.
• Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment. After that, the area can be gently washed.
• Sunbathing and cold outdoor activities should be avoided until any redness or swelling disappears.
• Avoid exercise and alcohol for six hours after treatment.
Having a follow-up treatment before the product has fully dissipated will maintain your refreshed appearance. Please be sure to consult your physician about recommendations for touch-up or follow-up treatments