ZO® Medical 3 Step Stimulation PeelTM
General Guidelines Before Peel
- To enhance results, start on a ZO® program based on your skin type 4-6 weeks prior to having your first peel. MelaminTM and MelamixTM plus tretinoin may be used in patients with a high risk for pigmentation problems.
- Discontinue the use of topical retinoids and tretinoin (such as Retin-A®, Renova®, Differin®,Tazorac®, and Refissa®) 3-4 days prior to peel.
- Discontinue the use of alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinols and other potentially irritating products 3-4 days prior to peel.
- Avoid laser hair removal, electrolysis, waxing and the use of depilatory creams for 5-7 days prior to peel.
- Avoid having the peel until skin has completely healed from any procedures, such as IPL, laser or
- If you have a history of herpes infection will need to start an anti-viral medication (i.e. Zovirax®, Famvir® or
Valtrex®) one day prior to this peel and continue for 7 days.
- Avoid washing face or treated area for at least 5 hours after the peel. Preferably, wait to wash the morning after the peel.
- General Guidelines AFTER Peel
- The day after peel:
1. Wash the face or treated area with the cleanser from your ZO® daily skin care program. Wash face
gently for 30-40 seconds. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Apply the 2nd half of ZO® Retinol Stimulating Crème. 3. Apply a thin layer of ZO® Calming Crème
- ZO® Calming Crème may be applied 3 times daily or more often if needed.
- Redness, stinging, itching, mild swelling, flaking and peeling are all normal signs after the peel and vary
based on patient responses.
- Exfoliation generally will start 2 to 3 days after treatment and ends by approximately day 5.
- Avoid rubbing, scratching or peeling/picking the skin with your fingers while healing.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 7-10 days following the peel. Sunscreen may be used after the skin
has completely healed.
- Besides the ZO® retinol crème, do not use alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide,
retinoid and other potentially irritating products until the skin is healed.
- Avoid running water directly on your face while showering.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating until skin is completely healed.
- Avoid procedures, such as facials, hair removal, microdermabrasion and laser until skin is fully healed.
- After skin is healed, return to your daily ZO® daily skin health program.
- Active herpes simplex or warts in the area to be treated
- Wounded or sunburned in the area to be treated
- Currently pregnant or lactating
- History of radiation therapy in the area to be treated
- Allergies to salicylates